zondag 27 november 2011

Update about my life

It has been a while since I posted on this weblog. My little chicklings aren't little anymore and finally have flown away. The weather has changed too so now it is getting much colder and the harvest storms have left the country.

I am truying to get to know myself spiritually again. I have been a wiccan for over 10 years but it doesn't fit me anymore. I don't want a complicated religion with many rules. I want a religion that I understand and I can fit myself into and which I can fit around me. I am looking in all different directions (no, christianity isn't it ;)). I found some stuff about my old dutch heritage and the old religions of my land. I don't know what to do with this knowledge. I am looking into it and it scares me a little but also feels completely okay. It is more the stigma other people have with this path. I am talking about Asatru.

Asatru is a pagan religion and why of life that is based on the old ways of the Noreman and the old western european religion with some local Gods and Goddesses but also a rich pantheon. I am talking about Thor, Wodan and Frya (to call some). I am especially drawn to the local dutch Goddess Nehalennia who is the Goddess of water and earth (a big dutch theme because living with and "fearing" both is part of being dutch ;)).


My problem with Asatru is that during WWII some germans used this religion to explain why they were superior. They started to use symbols which are still used by the neo-nazi's. Don't get me wrong I am REALLY not a nazi. I know the base of this religion is ok but is based on the Edda (bloody stories about the Gods and the three of life ;)). So I don't know what to do :(. Any insides to given me???

2 opmerkingen:

  1. That is so funny that you are writing about Asatru because I just started reading up on it again...I tend to do this at least once a year.

    Being genetically 100% Northern European (as far as I can tell) the Northern trads do pull at my heart strings. I say, if you are interested, then keep researching!

    I know...Hitler did a number with Northern myth and symbols but it's time that the real meaning of them were taken back by those who truly believe in the correct meaning!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Yes I feel the same about the Hitler point we need to reclaim the symbols but nazis are still using them which gives the wrong impression about me ;).

    Where do you find correct study material about Asatru?

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen

I would love to hear from you!