woensdag 18 januari 2012

What being sick means to me

Today has been an off day to me. Yesterday evening I probably ate something wrong which means that I got really sick over the night into this day.

The title of this entry is what being sick means to me. I am one of those blessed with a strange body. I have multiple chronic diseases that I was born with. It affects me daily but I don't let it affect my daily life. Yes, I work fulltime, live alone and have to manage everything on my own. I don't have to stay in bed all the time or have to stop working.

What it does mean to me is that I have to be really carefull with food. I have a chronic bowel disease (my white bloodcells are thinking that my bowell is a strange object that they have to eliminate...... figure that) which was the problem last evening. Everything that hasn't been cooked properly or is fat or has many spices means I will get really sick. So yes, I did have a fun night.

Being sick or having to watch out so not to get sick is something I have to handle on a daily basis. It also means that I can appreciate good days. A doctor ones told me that I walk the marathon every day so it isn't strange that I am tired a lot. Well, being tired won't stop me enjoying my life. It does mean that I have to be really thoughtfull what I do with my energy. So yes, I do enjoy living and learning even more because I know how bad it can be.

So tomorrow there will be another day that I can enjoy!! And I hope it won't be a cold and rainy one but a beautifull one that I can enjoy :).

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

I would love to hear from you!