zondag 5 februari 2012

Cold and bunnies

It has been almost a week that I last updated my blog. That's why I decided to do one on the weather (it is such a neutral topic). It has been FREEZING COLD this week. It hasn't been this cold for the last 20 years. The dutch are skating again and thinking about the "Elfstedentocht" (A skatingtour held on natural ice in Friesland across eleven cities). The last time we had one is almost 15 years ago (yes, it is really rear). The ice needs to be very thick for such a tour. How cold it is? -20 C at night and -6 C during the day. I am not able to keep my house warm anymore so I mostly stay in the living room with warm clothing. I hope it won't last for long because I would go to the Efteling (a dutch attraction park) next saturday.

The biggest problem in the Netherlands with cold and especially snow is that the public transportation isn't functioning anymore. At the first flocks of snow the trains start to break down and the traincompany decides to take out some trains. This means that to travel you have to wait around 45 minutes to get in a train that is really to full. So no, I am not really sure how to get to work tomorrow or at what time ;).



There is also some coldstress on the bunny front. My little 6 day old bunny is outside with his mother and we don't know if the little one will survive :(. His mother is being really good and keeping them warm but nature has his own ways where people don't have influence on. I hope it will be alright :(.

So I hope Ostara will hurry up a little bit and Donar will kill some Ice-Giants so the cold will break and spring will come soon!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

I would love to hear from you!