zondag 16 februari 2014

My valentine's resolution

As you probably know, I am a headcovering pagan with a single status. And around valentine's day that sucks big time. I would love to have a significant other but unfortunately I still haven't found the One for me.

I have been trying the online dating world for some time now. I have gone on some dates and have chatted like crazy to maybe find Him. Until this week I discovered my mentality has changed big times. Before I was always looking for the One and willing others to like me or to love me. I would say things to please the other but always trying to keep it close to myself. I was afraid for rejection even from online guys I have never met!

Well that changed one week ago. I noticed guys always asked the same first or second question: "what do you do for a living?". As having a great career or even a fascinating job will make you a better person (o, believe me, I have an awesome job that not many can call theirs). Like having a steady income is something that is required before you start dating. Like dating is more about stability and money then it is about love.

I decided that when I got asked that question, I just simply wouldn't answer it as it has no value in the dating process. I really can't care if people online think I am a bitch but I can't see why my job is more important then I am.

So my valentine's resolution is: not acting like I am someone else and just say what I like and dislike instead of honeymouthing and not answering that stupid question anymore!!!

I know my strong and weak spots and people just need to love me as I am!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

I would love to hear from you!